Monday, July 30, 2007

Movie Review: The Simpsons Movie

Oh yeah...I kind of forgot that I try and do reviews on what movies I watch. I really do have to get back in the habit of posting again. There has been no shortage of ideas on things to blog about, but I just haven't gotten around to writing as much these days. Anyway...here is the trailer:



To tell you the truth, I wasn't even that excited about going to see the movie. I knew that I would, but I wasn't really that amped about it, like say, how I am for Hot Rod. But we went and saw it on Saturday and I loved it. I don't know if it was a combination of my lowered expectations and it actually being pretty good, but in any case I thought it was well worth my money. I think I'd even see it again in the theater. It is pretty short, but there are a lot of good laughs. If you're going expecting it to be like the golden age of Simpsons, then you'll probably be disappointed. What you've seen in commercials and the trailer are not the only funny scenes in the movie. Actually, having it be in the theater and not subject to as much censorship allowed for them to do some pretty funny jokes that you're not used to seeing from them. Well worth your time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Going to see it tonite! Yay!

Unknown said...

2 words: Bart's weiner!

Silvs said...

For real! I love the effort they put into hiding it, and then to see only the little yellow nutes was priceless.