Monday, July 9, 2007

Let's Put It To The Studio Audience


So...I'm pretty secure in my masculinity, but here are some feminine and masculine qualities or interests that I have and you can decide for yourself which way I swing.


Feminine:

I like putting on make-up, but it's only heavy make-up like if my whole face is painted, not to accentuate my many beautiful features
I know the choreography to Crazy, Bye Bye Bye, and Give It To You. And I want to take dance classes, in whatever...but not ballet, or tap. It would have to be like hip hop, or even salsa, or swing classes would be fun, ballroom maybe even?
I have no problem talking about feelings and being sensitive
I've cried watching movies before
I love poetry
I like romantic comedies
I am reading Pride and Prejudice and I'm really enjoying it
I have never thrown a real punch
I really enjoy the arts in general - I like literature, theater, paintings, and sculptures
I don't do it that often, but I enjoy cooking
I keep a clean house/apartment
I think the color pink is really cool
I appreciate a nice wardrobe
I can recognize an attractive male, for example I can fully recognize that Andy Roddick is a babe.
Sometimes I like jewelry
I not only know what a loofa is, I use one
I hate killing things. I feel bad even when I step on a snail.


Masculine things about me:


I LOVE sports. I can probably talk sports more thoroughly and more intelligently than 98% of the guys you know
I like breaking things - one time there were some construction vehicles out by my house and me and some other kids threw rocks through all of the windows
I like being juvenile.
I like burning things. Not in the crazy sense like I just set fires. I like blowing things up and playing around with fire in a controlled setting is kind of fun.
I like fixing things. For about a year and a half I did all sorts of home remodelling work. I even gutted my upstairs bathroom and remodelled everything in there. Similarly, being in Home Depot is now like Toys R Us for me. I can walk around for hours looking at tools thinking about which ones I don't have yet and the ones I want the most.
I don't mind getting sweaty.
I like being sore
I really love action films
My idea of a really cool summer project is rebuilding a car
I like watching violent sports
I think farts are funny, probably too much so
I can belch with the best of them
I prefer doing the spooning rather than being spooned
I think dudes are gross.
I love women. I have no idea how a guy could ever choose men over women. The thought is revolting to me. Women are so beautiful, they are nicer than guys, and they smell good. Plus they have less hair. And the female figure I think is breath-taking. Guys are so big and bulky and awkward looking to me.

The punctuation is crappy and inconsistent, but I'm leaving it as is. Peace.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I like this post. And FYI, I think your future wife will appreciate the "feminine" qualities you listed (maybe with the exception of never throwing a real punch...ha ha ha...but to be honest, I guarantee most guys have not, or if they say they have, they are lying). However, I was a little nervous when I saw your first item was "I like to put on make-up...maybe just keep that one to yourself.

For your second item under "masculine", not sure if it was the same time, but I totally remember when you guys lived in the basement of that house in provo and they were tearing down the house next door and we would throw rocks through the windows of the house. That was awesome. Breaking windows is definitely something I could do more often. We also threw our bottles against the house during the white trash party you had.

Silvs said...

The make-up is only for Halloween. At least I'm not like Greg and love putting on girl's clothes. That's right. You heard it right. He thinks it's funny, and it usually is...but still.

I totally forgot about that house! I wasn't referring to that at all. We had one night where we totally just ransacked the place. My favorite part about throwing the IBC bottles at that house is that there was absolutely no alcohol involved. We were just like...yeah! Let's wreck the place! We need another friend with a house they are going to level so we can trash it.

Dave said...

I have to admit... I was a little creeped out by the "I like to wear makeup" listing. But it's true--I know you just like to wear Halloween makeup--not like blush or mascara. (I have lived with this kid for the last decade, so anyone who has any doubts can put them to rest)

I totally forgot how funny it is when Greg puts on women's clothing. And yes it is funny. And yes it is very disturbing.

As far as the house next door to us goes--I totally forgot about that! That was soooooo much fun to throw everything through the windows and just punch the walls inside and release some good ole fashioned male destruction energy.

I love the soudn of breaking glass (masculine) but one of my favorite movies is Two Weeks Notice (girly).

I feel you Silva. I understand you and want to sit and talk about our feelings over some chocolate ice cream, but I also want to slide tackle you on the soccer field.

You are gay.

Unknown said...

Your feminine side and mine are twins.

Your masculine side and mine are def related.

And I'm really glad the masculine list is longer than the fem.

Silvs said...

I know. I actually had to tip the scales in my favor cuz I wasn't sure I'd make the cut. Glad to know I come out manly. Hopefully...