Thursday, July 19, 2007

Results Show Thursday

Not surprised this week. Were you? Nothing about last night or tonight was really surprising, or exciting. That 80s jazz dance was pretty cool, but I'm not going to put it in a greatest hits collection by any means. So...I'm bummed to see Hok go, but I think it was about the right time. I probably would have gone with Kameron before him, but not longer than next week. It's too bad that he couldn't do more dances recently that could have showcased his talent more. Blah blah blah...I don't feel like writing about this.

Caitlin brought up how on the morning show on KROQ Ralph was talking about Flash Gordon and how Queen came up with the title track for the film. The song is super queer. Like really queer. You want to hear a funny story about Flash Gordon?

So the movie is based on a comic book that came out decades ago. It is mildly entertaining, but something I remember pretty well growing up with a brother who loved comic books, and then I acquired the taste myself. While Dave and I were on holiday at what used to be the family cabin, we were up late watching TV. A movie comes on and immediately I recognize a lot of the characters and with excitement I point out, hey! This is Flash Gordon, I love this movie. We watch it for a few minutes until...hey...I don't remember anybody taking off their clothes when I watched this before...why are they?...omigosh...this is not the same movie I watched as a kid.
So we changed it and I remembered hearing about another film with a similar title...Flesh Gordon. You guessed it. Much better than the original. It was really funny how quickly that destroyed what once was a pure and innocent pleasure.

In the real Flash Gordon, he wears this t-shirt, which I think is awesome. If I had a full head of blonde hair and maybe a little bit bigger, I think it would be so awesome to be Flash Gordon from the 80s film for Halloween. Dave...think about it. It's so cool.

Also...I meant to put this link up a long time ago, but if you like funny t-shirts, check out this website. Some really good stuff. I think my favorites are "Kenya Dig It", "Beethoven's Fifth", and "Volunteering: It Doesn't Pay".

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

FLASH! AH AH! He'll save everyone of us!!

Laura said...

you were "on holiday?" what country are you from? what happened to the family cabin? the one in lake arrowhead? is it no more? that place had the coolest shower ever

Silvs said...

I’m from freakin’ England, you bloody wanker. I forget how much this girl jabs. Can you believe the attitude on this one? Unbelievable.

Maybe you don’t remember, but SOMEBODY’s mom might have slept with a janitor and MAYBE destroyed the family and as a result, MAYBE the kids are estranged from that side of the family and therefore can no longer use the cabin. Maybe.

Valerie said...

Flash is such a funny movie. I love the part where Flash and the girlfriend are speaking telepathically to one another and she misunderstands him because he is thinking of another girl. So the girlfriend says/thinks, "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that, can you think it again?" Sooo funny!! BTW, Kirk says that you can borrow his blonde wig for Halloween.

Dave said...

haha. I forgot about that.

Silva-- "keep it here! This is awesome! I remember this from when I was a kid"

Dave-- "really? ok... whatever"

Silva-- "umm... what is this?"

Dave-- "WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS?!? why are they taking their clothes off in the middle of a plane crash?"

Silva-- "I swear this is totally different than what I saw when I was a kid... I dunno what this is"

Dave-- "Sure Silvs... you just wanted to watch prono"

and.... scene.