Sunday, July 8, 2007

Oi...Roger Federer Wins Again

This guy ALWAYS wins. It bugs the crap out of me. The guy is perfect. You watch him play and he is just crazy good. Every winner he hits, every passing shot, it's perfection. And what's worse is that he is completely gracious in victory and is completely self-aware. He knows Nadal is nipping at his heels, just about to overtake him. He is the consummate nice guy, great player. He hails even from a country that I can't really hate - Switzerland. What have they ever done to us? Given us great knives? Watches? Oh, how about bank accounts where you can hide your untold millions? Switzerland. He does not miss. Ever. He never says the wrong thing. He seems genuinely excited and happy for each and every tournament victory, which is pretty much all of them except for the French Open. There is absolutely no way that this guy can be human. He plays like a robot and everything that he ever says has to be completely scripted because it is always the right thing. He is a class act in every victory and says nothing but positive things about every opponent he vanquishes. And he owns my favorite guy, Andy Roddick.

I probably only root for Andy because he is the only decent American male tennis player. Andy is awesome. Not only is he good looking, but he just feels American. He has the biggest serve in tennis. He gets super-revved up. He is pretty witty and knows all too well his limitations with respect to Federer. But the guy comes up short every time. It is so aggravating. Federer completely dismantles him every time they play. And now Roger has won another Wimbledon while Andy came up short, blowing a two-set lead, and then two tie-breaks. There is not a lot I love about tennis right now except for Rafael Nadal and his biceps. The kid is awesome, but that's for another day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Andy good looking??? I think you meant really, really, ridiculously good looking. Right?

I have issues about watching tennis. I hate the grunting. Especially in women's tennis. Freaks/grosses/weirds me out for some reason.

Silvs said...

Karen...please, I already sound super gay as it is when I talk about SYTYCD. Of course I KNOW that Andy Roddick is probably top 3-5 hot guys in all of sports. Does my friend Laura already give me crap for commenting on Dominic's lines when he's dancing the rumba? Yup. Can I go 5 seconds on my own blog without sounding like a flaming homo? Apparently not.

Dave said...

You do sound quite gay in this post.

Plus... last night, I fell asleep and when I woke up Silva was looking for his keys in my pocket.

"It's like his death birthday"

Anyone name the reference aside from Chris and Caitlin?

Unknown said...

Orange County! Hooray for Jack Black!

Unknown said...

And Dave's right...you did sound a wee bit on the gay side in this post. Just one of your charms...

Silvs said...

People, I overloaded on the gayness as a joke. Can you guys not tell anymore? Should I be more concerned that people can tell when I'm joking and when I'm not about the gay stuff? I can start talking about babes and boobs right now if you want. I'll do it. Don't test me.