Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mourn With Those Who Mourn

I think that is an eternal principle. I remember feeling that some time ago, and lately I have really felt the power of those words. Mourn with those who mourn, and comfort those who need comfort. It is all so true, bear one another's burdens that they may be light. I have seen this concept manifest in different ways; as I've been there for my mom and then as others have been there for me.

Sometimes you just need to go to your best friend's house and have a chocolate banana shake. Or sometimes you just need someone to hear your situation. Or even just get mad with you, even if nothing is going to come of it. So many people have reached out the last several days and I cannot tell you how much it has meant to me, even if it's in seemingly insignificant ways. I need as many "hang in there"s as I can get.

One positive thing about going through a crisis situation is that you if you have good people with you, you really rally around each other and strengthen one another. At first it was really hard for me to see people I respect so much get so rattled, but it was really encouraging to be there for them in the same way that they have been there for me so many times in my life. It has been hard to feel like there is a way out and then have that door close so quickly. But I have really grown in appreciation for the people around me, even more than I ever thought I could.

Anyway, it means a lot. Every word you say, everything that you do from just listening to just distracting me from this stuff, it really means a lot. Thanks.

No comments: